Start the game the first time with the Russian VPN connection ! After that you can close the Game again and then also close Steam and turn off the VPN-tool.
It is very important that you start the game for the first time with the VPN-tool!
Then please follow the following instructions in order to play the game without a VPN:
1. Start Steam (without VPN)
2. Go to your Games Library and right-click on your game.
3. Click on “Create a shortcut on your Desktop”
4. Go to your Desktop, right-click on your created shortcut, and copy the number which is displayed at the end of the link
5. Go into your game folder:
Search the folder where the “game.exe” is located. ( the exe file can be located differently depending on the game, so you must browse though the folders and search)
For Example: The Game “THIEF” , the .exe is in:
C:Program Files (x86)Steam/SteamApps/common/Thief/Binaries/Win64 )
Once you found the exe file you create into the same folder a text document (.txt) with the name: steam_appid
6. Now, just paste the noted number (from the shortcut) inside your steam_appid.txt file and save it. (be careful not to have double “.txt”)
7. Go back to Steam and at the buttom left corner you see “+ add a game” . Click on that and choose “add a non-steam game to my library”.
8. Now browse and choose from your game installation path
(Steam/SteamApps/common/your Game/) the “Game.exe” file.
9. Check your Steam Game Library – the new added game should show up. Double click on it and the Game will start without VPN.
10. The short-cut you created on your desktop at the beginning can now be deleted if you want.